Ads 468x60px

Rechercher dans ce blog

Translate

lundi 15 avril 2013

Baked Frittata




Baked Frittata




Frittatas: I love them. But before I read Stonesoup’s guide to the perfect frittata, I was too intimidated to try making my own. I thought I’d have to start cooking the eggs on the stove, try to flip the eggs without making a mess, move it all to the oven, and so forth.

Jules discovered that the best way to make frittatas is to simply bake them in the oven, which got me excited about making frittatas. I can scramble eggs and turn on the oven, so how hard can it be? Not at all, it turns out. Frittatas are the easiest egg dish around!

I reduced Jules’ recipe to its simplest form. Like the orzo risotto recipe, you can make it your own and use the ingredients that you have on hand. Jules’ recipe called for a springform pan, which certainly works, but I’ve since realized that a 9-inch square baking dish works just as well.

Basic Baked Frittata Recipe

Author: Cookie and Kate
Recipe type: Main

Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins



Serves: 4



Have you mastered the frittata yet? Baked frittatas make a great, easy meal any time of the day—even for a quick weeknight dinner.
Ingredients
6 eggs
A handful of cheese
A splash of milk
Vegetables, spices, salt, pepper, and anything else you want to throw together



Instructions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Line a 9-inch springform pan OR 9-inch square baking dish with parchment paper (here’s a photo that demonstrates how to line the square dish).
In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, cheese, milk, vegetables and seasonings.
Pour the mixture into the springform pan.
Place on the preheated tray and bake until golden and puffy and the centre feels firm and springy, about 25 minutes or more.






For the frittata pictured above, I used shredded mozzarella cheese, feta cheese (the more cheese, the better!), roasted red peppers, grated zucchini, roasted red pepper flakes and salt and pepper. Boy oh boy, it was good! I can’t wait to try Jules’ suggestion to add chickpeas and rosemary.

If you’re looking for a tasty breakfast idea for the weekend, this is it!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire