Ads 468x60px

Rechercher dans ce blog

Translate

mercredi 17 avril 2013

Honey Whole Wheat Banana Bread



-->


Honey Whole Wheat Banana Bread



I have been hunting for the perfect whole wheat banana bread recipe lately. The first was too sweet to stick with me from breakfast to lunch; the second was dry and lacking in flavor.

This banana bread recipe is just right: 100% whole wheat, naturally sweetened with honey, with a light, decadent crumb. Plus it is a cinch to mix together and only requires one bowl. My search is over!





Honey Whole Wheat Banana Bread

Author: Cookie and Kate

Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 55 mins
Total time: 1 hour 5 mins






Ingredients
1/3 cup melted coconut oil or vegetable oil
1/2 cup honey
2 eggs
1 cup mashed bananas
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, plus more to swirl on top
1 3/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup hot water



Instructions
Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (165 degrees Celsius) and grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
In a large bowl, beat oil and honey together. Add eggs and beat well.
Stir in bananas and vanilla, then stir in the salt and cinnamon. Lastly, stir in the flour, just until combined.
Add baking soda to hot water, stir to mix, and then mix briefly into batter until it is evenly distributed. Spread batter into the greased loaf pan.
Sprinkle with cinnamon and swirl with a toothpick or the tip of a butter knife for a pretty marbled effect.
Bake for 60 to 65 minutes. Be sure to check that the bread is done baking by inserting a toothpick in the top. It should come out clean. Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for 5 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool for 30 minutes before slicing.



Notes

Adapted from Pedgi at Allrecipes.
I love baking bread in my Le Creuset stoneware loaf pan so much that it deserves a mention. The loaf pan is non-toxic, heats evenly and cleans easily. Highly recommended!








Since I live by myself, I like to bake a big loaf of banana bread and freeze it for later. Once the bread has cooled, I slice it and store the slices in a freezer bag. When I’m ready to eat it, I just throw a frozen slice in the toaster. My homemade breakfast or snack is ready in minutes!

How do you like your banana bread? For some extra protein, I like to top it with pecan butter or peanut butter. If I’m feeling indulgent, I’ll add honey, butter, Nutella or maple cream cheese. Huzzah!
Want more recipes? Receive new posts by email or by RSS, and keep up with Cookie and Kate on facebook, twitter, pinterest and instagram.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire